Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter, feeling away from home again.

So, here we are, in a small town, in a small parish, away from the comforts of home, and a parish that was active and committed.

It felt strange. The services were lackluster. I know it shouldn't be about a floor show, and I tell myself it isn't. It's about being reverent. It's about bringing glory to God. But I just couldn't get over how much I missed Holy Week at St. Patrick's Parish, in Wadsworth, IL. If anyone got it right, they did. So, I'll remember to thank the Liturgy commission and liturgist and music director for making Easter special for our family.

When I came home last night I started reading about Easter traditions and found a great blog about the Catholic faith. It sounds like what many of you would expect me to say, only if I link to it, you'll get mostly my opinion, without me having to opine. Cool.

Most of you have no interest in me pontificating anyway, you're just here for the pictures. So be it.

here's the link: (or address, anyway)

http://www.conversiondiary.com

I did post a comment to an entry titled, "Es Tu"

Happy Easter!
He is Risen!

No comments: